Q. I’ve been in my job for four years. I can’t go back to the office (not with my health history). There’s been no word so far. I’m getting nervous about it. I asked my manager to confirm that I can keep working from home. She says she can’t guarantee it.
A. All of us need to be in semi-job hunt mode ALL THE TIME these days. You said it – you have NO visibility into the future.
You don’t have to accept a job offer – you don’t even have to take interviews – but you must be ready to make a move if the right opportunity presents itself.
1. My resume is up to date
2. I know what kind of job I want next
3. I know what that job should pay
4. I know which employers to focus on
5. My network is aware of my interest
6. I flipped the switch on LinkedIn to let recruiters know I’m open to a new opportunity
7. I read job ads to see what employers are looking for
8. I have a good handle on the types of pain I solve for my employers
9. My LinkedIn profile rocks
10. I am mentally ready to job hunt
Want to take the first step in preparing for your job search? Download the FREE E-BOOK “Ten Things to Include on Your Resume” at this link: https://www.humanworkplace.com/jobhunting/